Monday, June 18, 2007

Lobster and Tacos!

In a classic Simpsons episode (really I guess they all are), Moe requests the restaurants finest food stuffed with the second finest. To which the waiter responds "Good choice sir, that's lobster stuffed with tacos!" Brilliant! That's the essence of this blog - combining the simple and not so simple pleasures of life - with a twist.

I'm an avid amateur cook who's been told by dozens of people to open a restaurant, I think not because my food is good (although it is, at least usually) but because I'm always looking for a new angle to avoid the mundane and trite. I think it's easy to cook good food - but it's hard to find things that are new. Here Savarin was right on the money:
The discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star. That's what this is all about: creative food (like Lobster stuffed with Tacos!), interesting drinks, and diversions from the everyday.

No comments: